Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Who cares if I'm cheating? The Honors Code doesn't cover this anway...

There I was, at the bookstore, loading up on LoCo items, since they are all on sale. And there. On the bookshelf.
A novel writing kit. I kind of laughed, but I did end up buying it.

It's by the guy who founded NaNoWriMo, and there really were some great tips in there. There is a progress chart (Darn you mother. I don't want to use it so I'm going to make a bigger one on posterboard so that it can be used another time), gold star stickers, and tip-a-day cards.

I'm super excited.

I think I'm sort of cheating, because I've already started writing before I found the kit, and they are pretty insistent that you don't have anything written before you start. But considering I only had about a 1,000 words, I don't see much of a problem.

So I've decided to work around National Novel Writing Month, and write one premature. I figure, it's the summer, I only have one class, and I should be able to get a little more than 1,500 words a day, right?

I found this great workbook (that is really meant for high school students but who cares I'm still only 18 anyway) for planning through things. I like things to be planned....I can't help it. Haha.

Soooooooo that's what I'm going to do at work today. How about you?

No comments: