Sunday, February 21, 2010

As I was getting off the train this afternoon, I noticed something different. Every thing I saw was a little brighter, had a little more depth, was a little more there.
In a word, it felt like spring.

Now I know that it won't be spring for quite some time, and with impending snow storms tomorrow, Thursday and the following Tuesday in addition to the idle snow covering the dorm areas and the quad, it seems like Spring is eons away.

But for some reason it doesn't feel that way anymore. I'm not sure what happened on the train. Just this morning I was complaining that I wish Spring were here already, because I was tired of the snow. And all of the sudden, after two hours on a train, everything felt alright.

Maybe it's just the waning of the tiredness that winter brings. I've been having these feelings of happiness and excitement bubbling up inside me, wanting to draw, to write, to make, to create, to play! I feel like I'm slipping away from the coldness that swallows everything in the winter.

Maybe it's that. But even if it isn't.

It's already springtime in my heart.

No comments: